Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Belated Valentines

I ment to post this on Valentines but I got busy and missed it by a few days. I'm such a rat, however so is Fuzzy the star model in this photo. So happy belated Valentines day from Fuzzy and me.


  I got Fuzzy when he was just a few weeks old in a bin of gobs of rats destened as snake food. How a cinnamon Dumbo ever made it into a snake food rat bin I will never know but there he was, and I made the pet store owner fish him out. It was quite the ordeal, as there were so many rats pilled in there and he did not want to be the one caught, but then who could blame him.
 He was very shy at first but had a greedy hunger for sunflower seeds and in no time at all he was climbing into my hand to get his favorite food. It was just a short week later that we photographed this.
 Those of you that have rats know how busy they are when active, espcially in a new place, lots to smell and check out. I had trained Fuzzy by placing a seed where I wanted him to go and "take his mark" then to stay there until my shot was done. The 1st attempt Fuzzy came in past the front of the letters and took his mark. Just as he was trained, but it was his tail end that was to the camera, and lets face it many non rat lovers are a little creeped out by that end. The sconed attempt I used my hand to block his way forcing him to come in behind the letters, and here is our shot.
 So this is the actuall shot, the only photoshop being the texture and reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment