Tuesday, October 11, 2011

One Photographers Temptation & An Early Morning Stretch

 I spent 10 days in the hospital. Not the local hospital, but Saint Mary's in Rochester, MN home of Mayo Clinic. I spent another 7 days having my 2nd weeks worth of fungus killer pumped into my veins everyday. I spent another week mostly recovering in bed & making small trips to the store to help regain my strength. Then the fog came.

 The roaming hills that surround my home are not quite the same as grocery store isles. My 15 pounds of camera gear didn't go straight into a cart. At one point I stood looking at a hill with shaking legs not knowing if I could navigate it well enough to get back home and wondering why I had left without my phone. Truly it wasn't my fault, the fog, all the lovely fog.
"Early Morning Stretch" ©Deanna Cathcart 2011

 This is Stella, one of our barn cats. She was walking from one poll to another across the cattle fence. When she got to this poll she did one of those amazing very cat like stretches and I was lucky enough to be there. With shaky legs and week arms I caught her stretching in the fog.




No comments:

Post a Comment